By: The Elements of Green
What Are CBD Cosmetics and CBD Bath Bombs?
CBD cosmetics and CBD bath bombs join the list other popular CBD products that thousands of people around the globe are turning to as a more natural alternative to support their health and wellness routines. At Elements of Green, you will find a wide variety of CBD products that include CBD oil, CBD topicals, CBD capsules, CBD gum, CBD vapes, CBD pet products and more. These CBD products are sourced from carefully selected brands that meet the highest standards in quality, potency and of course safety. Our team has done extensive research on hundreds of brands across Europe, North America and the globe to provide a carefully curated list of premium CBD brands. This is no different for the CBD topical, CBD cosmetic and CBD bath bomb products that are carried on the platform.
CBD cosmetics come in various forms; the most common are CBD creams or lotions, balms, gels, and even lip chap. Essentially, these products are infused with CBD to provide targeted relief to specific areas of the body without having to inhale, consume, or have any compounds enter the bloodstream.
This can be perfect for new consumers to CBD who would prefer to experience the benefits of this wonderful compound without having it enter the bloodstream to start.
What are the Benefits of CBD Cosmetics?
We came across an excellent article from The Good Face Project titled CBD Cosmetics: Are They Worth the Hype? They provided the following information specifically on the benefits of CBD cosmetics:
Inflamed skin isn’t fun. It’s painful and likely appears red and irritated. All skin types can experience inflammation, and it can vary from acute to chronic.
Like the body, CBD may help with skin inflammation. CBD alleviates inflammation in the skin by downregulating pro-inflammatory cytokine production. Cytokines are a group of proteins that interact with the immune system and regulate inflammation.
Pro-inflammatory cytokines are also associated with producing pain, so regulating cytokines with CBD may alleviate both inflamed and painful skin.
Similar to its anti-inflammatory effects, CBD may have anti-acne effects.
A Hungarian researcher suggests that CBD may be more effective than Accutane as a treatment for acne. This is good news to the many women experiencing acne in adulthood.
Relieve skin diseases
There is a lot of research suggesting that CBD may alleviate symptoms like dryness, itchiness, burning, and more. Therefore, CBD may bring relief to people with the following skin conditions:
The full article by The Good Face Project can be accessed here.
CBD Cosmetic Application Tips
We recommend checking the ingredients in your CBD cosmetic product prior to use, for example, if there is peppermint or citrus included, you will not want to apply the cream or balm to your face or anywhere near your eyes. It is always recommended to clean the area you are applying the topical to and, of course, wash your hands before and after application. Some consumers have reported a better experience after taking a hot shower or using a warm cloth to help open up pores in the skin.
What Does The Data Say?
According to a detailed CBD skin care market report from Big Market Research:
- “CBD oil possesses unique anti-inflammatory and anti-acne properties, which are quite popular among cosmetic manufacturers. The CBD oil based products find a variety of wellness applications and are popular among athletes and body builders. The oil claims the reduction of post-exercise inflammation and also promotes muscle growth. CBD is also making way across makeup and cosmetic products including face creams, lip balms, mascara, and body lotion through its unique attributes of anti-inflammation. The increase in popularity of CBD based skin care products and legalization of cannabis cultivation among the U.S. and Canada is anticipated to further boost the revenue growth of the CBD skin care market.”
Further, an additional study compiled by Grand View Research provides added support and endorsement for the benefits of CBD cosmetics, we have provided the following highlights from the report:
- “CBD is considered safe and effective for all skin types but is particularly useful for people who struggle with sensitivity, inflammatory conditions, acne, and dryness related to skin. Owing to these strong inflammatory properties, CBD helps in the skin’s natural healing process, lowering the life span of breakouts and eczema flare-ups. CBD also showcases potential antioxidant properties that can help in counteracting signs of aging. It can even help in reducing pain caused by inflammatory skin conditions.”
- “It is highly beneficial for acne, aging, and wrinkle prone skin conditions due to its anti-inflammatory properties. CBD oil also has antioxidant attributes, which help in reducing the visible signs of aging.”
- “These CBD infused masks and serums are expected to gain a significant share in the global market. This scenario is attributed to increasing demand for facial mask sheets and serums that penetrate deep in the skin and are easy to apply.”
- “ According to the EU cosmetic ingredient database, hempseed oil also acts as a surfactant, cleanser, emollient, and skin conditioner agent. Hemp molecules are very minute, which further allows it to effectively penetrate the skin and provide effective results. These attributes are expected to result in the increasing application of hemp in skin care products, thereby contributing to the global market growth in the next few years.”
What are the Best CBD Cosmetics?
Wondering what CBD cosmetics to try in your skincare routine? Check out the list of carefully curated products below and let us know what you think:
For those dealing with acne, pimples or blemishes on their skin CBD Vital Clearifying Skin is a must try product. The natural effects of CBD and plant extracts calms irritated skin and regulates sebum production – for a pure, radiant complexion. Acne and pimples are a cause of stress for many. Cannabidiol (CBD), derived from hemp, is a valuable ingredient in many modern skin care products and routines as it reduces skin reactions, supports skin cell regeneration and has anti-inflammatory properties.
OTO ritual CBD serum rich body lotion can be applied on stressed and irritated skin, and contains 100mg of CBD and beneficial vegetable oils. The phytocannabinoids derived from hemp have health-promoting properties, and cannabidiol (CBD) in particular is a valuable ingredient for dry, brittle or eczema-prone skin. CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties. The rich body lotion contains no paraffin, silicone and mineral oils and is free of PEGs, sulfates and parabens. The special Airless bottle ensures maximum shelf life of the ingredients, protects against contamination and reduces the use of preservatives.
CBD Vital acute balm soothes with activated CBD and essential oils, ideal for irritated and reddened skin. The Acute Balm’s combination of cannabidiol (CBD) and other natural plant extracts reduces unwanted skin reactions and stabilizes the skin’s immune system. Cannabidiol, which is derived from hemp, has a calming effect and ensures that allergens, stimuli, bacteria or chemicals do not adversely affect the skin. With 300mg of activated CBD, the Acute Balm contains a lot of cannabidiol. The CBD Acute Balm is a natural and side effect-free alternative to cortisone and can also be used for atopic dermatitis or psoriasis prone skin. Due to its pure and natural ingredients (natural cosmetics), the balm is suitable for a longer-term use – it is free from controversial paraffin, silicone and mineral oils and contains no PEGs, sulfates or parabens.
Endoca Lip Balm includes 20mg of CBD and is a natural way to protect and moisturize your lips and skin. Possessing active cannabinoids, coconut oil, and vitamin E and made with decarboxylated CBD hemp extract. Our organically produced balm is THC-Free and can also be used on your lips and skin. Fit for pockets or bags, Endoca CBD lip balm goes where you go, allowing you to moisturize your skin and lips, whenever you may need. So pure, you can even eat it!
How Do I Select the Best CBD Cosmetics to Buy?
Consumers need to do proper research into the various brands out there before making a purchase. We recommend exploring a variety of products on trusted marketplaces like Elements of Green that have done extensive due diligence into the brands and have also reviewed the Certificates of Analysis (“COAs”). This ensures the products actually have the ingredients and components that they say they have. Ask questions! Reach out to the brands, ask them what they recommend, and why? Beyond that, check into customer reviews, you are not alone, many people are shopping for CBD topicals and have left reviews on products for your benefit. Get social, check social media channels for influencers who have tried these types of products, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook Groups. It can be beneficial with detailed product reviews and further commentary on the particular product you are exploring.
What are the Benefits of CBD Bath Bombs?
We are excited to announce that Elements of Green will soon carry a couple of different CBD bath bombs on the platform. If you are interested in CBD bath bombs you can sign up here to be notified when they are available.
CBD bath bombs combine the relaxation benefits of a warm bath with the healing properties of CBD for the ultimate stress reducing experience. Bath bombs typically come with 50mg to 100mg of cannabidiol with other essential oils and ingredients like lavender, activated charcoal, eucalyptus and citrus. This is a quick and easy way to implement CBD into an already common daily routine. Many CBD bath bomb consumers appreciate the wide variety of ingredients and aromas in addition to relatively lower price point compared to other CBD products available on the market today. CBD Bath bombs typically cost anywhere between €8 to 12 per bomb and discounts are often available for larger packs.
As always the Elements of Green team appreciates you taking the time to review this CBD Cosmetics and Bath Bombs article, if you enjoyed what you read please feel free to share it with your friends, family and colleagues. If you have any questions our experienced team of CBD experts are here to help and provide you with more information on a variety of CBD cosmetics and bath bombs that are available on the platform.
All the best,
The Elements of Green team